Broken an umbrella in wet and windy weather? Don’t chuck it in the bin! Find out how to dispose of it responsibly with these ideas to recycle an umbrella.
Efficient waste management in Birmingham ensures businesses working across all industries get rid of their rubbish safely. At Business Waste we’re experienced in helping local Birmingham companies meet modern waste management targets and requirements. Our in-depth understanding of waste collection, disposal, and recycling can save your business time and money.
With our services for Birmingham waste management, you’ll effectively clear away any type of rubbish you create. This includes everything from daily general waste and glass recycling to specialist streams such as clinical and hazardous waste. In a competitive market, we aim to meet your waste management targets while charging some of the lowest rates available.
To keep costs low we provide free bins for your waste management in Birmingham – just pay for collection. Plus, we aim to recycle as much as possible. For a free quote and to find out more call 0800 211 8390 or contact us online about waste management in Birmingham.
Get a free quote for Birmingham waste collection
Get a fast FREE quote for business waste collection in Birmingham
- Free quote within 1 hr
- Any type of waste
- FREE bins and delivery
- We cover all of the UK
Birmingham waste collection
At Business Waste we offer comprehensive waste collection in Birmingham. Our licensed waste carriers collect all types of waste and are available when and where you need them anywhere across Birmingham. From the bustling Bullring to the garden village at Bourneville, you can arrange commercial waste collection anywhere in England’s second-largest city.
We provide free bins and a range of waste container options, including rear- and front-end loaders, skips, and compactors. This makes storing any rubbish your company produces safe and convenient before it’s collected. There are no rental charges or hidden fees for the bins, you simply cover the costs of Birmingham refuse collection.
Arrange business waste collection in Birmingham on a daily, weekly, or fortnightly schedule to suit your needs. You can also book a one-off Birmingham waste collection if you’ve got a bulky item or something outside of your regular rubbish removal streams.
With Birmingham waste disposal we aim to send as little commercial waste to landfill as possible. Instead, we focus on recycling your rubbish to help keep the city as green as Cannon Hill Park. This also reduces your costs for waste disposal in Birmingham as you’ll pay less landfill tax.
We ensure our waste disposal provision meets the requirements of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and provide you with a free duty of care certificate. This ensures added peace of mind and proof that whatever business waste you produce in Birmingham that it’s disposed of safely, responsibly, and in line with all relevant regulations.
The range of bins, bags, and containers we provide can securely store more complex waste types too. Our licensed waste carriers can transport clinical, hazardous, and industrial waste to relevant waste management facilities across Birmingham for proper disposal. Whatever commercial waste you need to dispose of we can deliver a safe solution.
Recycling in Birmingham
Birmingham has one of the lowest household waste recycling rates in the country at around just 22.5%. Unfortunately, it’s reliant on incineration, though Birmingham City Council has set itself a recycling rate target of 40% by 2026. Then by 2040, it aims to recycle at least 70% of all waste.
While the city has four household recycling centres, businesses must arrange their own recycling collection in Birmingham. We can provide a range of free bins to separate your commercial waste into recycling streams. This includes bins for glass, paper, cardboard, metal, plastic, and other recyclables.
It has been predicted that Birmingham’s population will increase by 150,000 by 2031. It’s an excellent indicator of economic growth but represents significant issues in terms of environmental impact. Effective management of unwanted by-products of our industry and homes is vital. Arrange recycling collection in Birmingham for your business to help the city improve its recycling rates and save your organisation money.
Why use Business Waste for
rubbish collection in Birmingham?
Reliable rubbish removal in Birmingham and beyond is essential for every business. We can streamline your waste management in Birmingham whether you run a boutique in the Jewellery Quarter, a Digbeth pub, or a takeaway up in Handsworth. Our services suit all sorts of organisations anywhere across the city.
We provide free bins for Birmingham refuse collection, so you can store waste near the point of production safely and easily. There are no rental charges with a wide range of bins and containers to suit businesses of all sizes. These include standard wheelie bins for your daily waste to balers, compactors, and skips.
Book refuse collection in Birmingham to suit your specific needs. You can use the best number and sizes of bins and arrange collection on a schedule that’s cost-effective and efficient, so waste doesn’t build up. Contact us online or call 0800 211 8390 for a free quote for Birmingham rubbish removal.
Reasons to use Business Waste for Birmingham refuse collection:
- No bin rental charges – only pay for collection
- Free duty of care certificate
- Fast and free quote
- Collection of all trade waste types
- One month’s free waste collection in Birmingham
Fast set up
Any waste from anywhere
70kBusinesses in Birmingham
100k+Number of bins
900kNo of weekly collections
Read our reviews
We use Business Waste for two of our sites. They do the skips at Birmingham and wheelie bins at our smaller branch in Redditch. All the services are on time and we even get a call on the evening to check the skips have been emptied when we book one on. All round top notch service!Natalie C
Get a free quote for Birmingham refuse collection
Get a fast FREE quote for commercial waste collection in Birmingham
- Free quote within 1 hr
- Any type of waste
- FREE bins and delivery
- We cover all of the UK
How does refuse collection in
Birmingham work for businesses?
Select your free bins
It’s quick and easy to organise commercial waste collection for your business.
Simply start by telling us the:
- Type of waste you need removing
- Size of bins you require
- Number of bins you want
We’ll provide you with a free quote.
When you’re happy with the type, number, and size of free bins, tell us when you need your bins delivering.
Let us know about any access issues where you want the bins delivering – such as locked gates, access codes and times. We’ll get you up and running in no time.
Fill up your bin
After the free bins arrive at your chosen location, fill them up with the agreed waste type.
Make sure you remain within any weight limits for the specific waste type and bin size.
Get your business waste collected
We’ll arrange waste collection at a time and frequency to suit you and the amount of waste you have.
As featured in…
Got a question about
business waste in Birmingham?
Where can I book waste collection in Birmingham?
You can book waste collection anywhere in Birmingham and the surrounding region from your business. Commercial waste collection is available in Birmingham city centre and suburbs such as Digbeth and Aston, out to Handsworth, West Bromwich, Sutton Coldfield, and Redditch. Arrange waste collection from anywhere with a Birmingham postcode including:
- B1 – Birmingham City Centre, Broad Street, Ladywood
- B2 – Birmingham City Centre, New Street
- B3 – Birmingham City Centre, Newhall Street
- B4 – Birmingham City Centre, Corporation Street
- B5 – Digbeth, Highgate
- B6 – Aston, Witton
- B7 – Nechells, Vauxhall
- B8 – Washwood Heath, Ward End, Saltley, Stechford
- B9 – Bordesley Green, Bordesley
- B10 – Small Heath, Sparkbrook, Balsall Heath
- B11 – Sparkhill, Tyseley, Springfield
- B12 – Balsall Heath, Sparkbrook, Highgate
- B13 – Moseley, Billesley
- B14 – Kings Heath, Yardley Wood, Druids Heath, Highter’s Heath
- B15 – Edgbaston, Lee Bank
- B16 – Edgbaston, Ladywood
- B17 – Harborne
- B18 – Winson Green, Hockley
- B19 – Lozells, Newtown, Birchfield
- B20 – Handsworth Wood, Handsworth
- B21 – Handsworth, Soho
- B23 – Erdington, Short Heath, Perry Common
- B24 – Erdington, Tyburn
- B25 – Yardley
- B26 – Sheldon, Yardley
- B27 – Acocks Green
- B28 – Hall Green
- B29 – Selly Oak, Bournbrook, Selly Park, Weoley Castle
- B30 – Bournville, Cotteridge, Stirchley
- B31 – Northfield, Longbridge, West Heath
- B32 – Quinton
- B33 – Kitts Green, Stechford
- B34 – Shard End, Buckland End, Castle Bromwich
- B35 – Castle Vale
- B36 – Castle Bromwich, Smith’s Wood
- B37 – Chelmsley Wood, Marston Green
- B38 – Kings Norton, West Heath
- B40 – Birmingham International Airport, NEC
- B42 – Perry Barr, Great Barr, Hamstead
- B43 – Great Barr, Hamstead
- B44 – Perry Barr, Kingstanding, Great Barr
- B45 – Rednal, New Frankley, Rubery
- B46 – Water Orton, Coleshill
- B47 – Hollywood, Wythall
- B48 – Alvechurch
- B49, B50 – Alcester
- B60, B61 – Bromsgrove
- B62, B63 – Halesowen
- B64 – Cradley Heath, Rowley Regis
- B65 – Rowley Regis
- B66 – Smethwick, Bearwood, Londonderry
- B67 – Smethwick,
- B68 – Oldbury
- B69 – Oldbury, Tividale
- B70, B71 – West Bromwich, Birmingham
- B72, B73, B74, B75, B76 – Sutton Coldfield
- B77, B78, B79 – Tamworth
- B80 – Studley
- B90 – Shirley, Wythall
- B91, B92 – Solihull
- B93 – Knowle, Dorridge, Bentley Heath
- B94 – Olton
- B95 – Henley-in-Arden
- B96, B97, B98 – Redditch
What regulations and guidelines are in place for commercial waste management in Birmingham?
The same regulations and guidelines that apply to commercial waste management across the rest of England are relevant in Birmingham. Businesses have a duty of care under the Environmental Protection Act 1990 to ensure all waste they produce is only moved by licensed waste carriers, disposed of properly, and has the correct records/documents (waste transfer note).
Businesses must keep copies of all waste transfer notes/duty of care certificates for at least two years in Birmingham. Further regulations and guidelines around managing business waste in Birmingham include ensuring all refuse is disposed of safely without harming human health or the environment. Birmingham City Council provides further information and services for commercial waste management.
How can businesses in Birmingham reduce waste?
There are many ways businesses in Birmingham can reduce the amount of waste they produce on a daily weekly, monthly, and yearly basis. Minimising waste is vital to save money on collection and disposal costs while also having a more positive environmental impact. To reduce waste in a Birmingham business:
- Put together a waste management plan that covers the types and amount of waste you produce, how and where it’s stored, when it’s collected and by who. Tweak the plan regularly to improve your waste management.
- Use various bins across your site to separate and store waste securely to improve your recycling and reduce waste disposal costs.
- Try to reuse any materials or waste rather than throwing them away. Check if any local Birmingham charities can make use of old items and products too.
- Get rid of all single-use plastics like coffee and plastic cups. Replace with reusable options to discourage a throwaway culture.
- Train your team in the importance of waste reduction to benefit the local Birmingham environment and your business by making financial savings, which will positively impact them.
Are there any recycling and sustainability initiatives or programs in Birmingham?
Birmingham City Council has many plans and strategies around the environment and sustainability. To support its ambitions to create a sustainable city there are various recycling schemes and sustainability initiatives across the city, including:
- Leisure Loop – eight swimming pools across Birmingham have signed up for the Leisure Loop scheme that aims to reduce the waste pools create. It includes recycling boxes for old swimming products like goggles, flip-flops, and floats.
- Green Homes Grants – eligible households can receive full and partial funding for energy-efficiency home improvements such as loft and cavity wall insulation, draft proofing, and more.
- Sustainable Warmth – a scheme delivered by Birmingham City Council and Act on Energy to improve the energy efficiency of low-income and low-EPC-rated homes.
- Green Living Spaces Plan – this plan sets the priorities to create a green network that will help cool Birmingham. It includes actions to cover open spaces and parks, linear corridors, blue infrastructure, trees, and green roofs/walls.
What options are available for hazardous waste disposal in Birmingham?
Hazardous waste storage, removal, and disposal options are available for all businesses in Birmingham and beyond. Arrange collection of any type of hazardous waste from your business, including clinical waste, chemical waste, and WEEE waste. Licensed waste carriers will collect your waste in line with all relevant regulations.
We provide free bins and containers to store any kind and amount of hazardous waste safely – you only cover the collection costs. Bins and containers include drums for the likes of oil waste to IBC containers and sharps bins. You receive a free duty of care certificate confirming the safe, legal, and responsible handling and disposal of your hazardous waste.
How can businesses in Birmingham improve their recycling rates?
Businesses in Birmingham benefit from increasing how much waste they recycle as it reduces pollution levels, helps the local environment, and lowers commercial waste disposal costs. The more waste sent for recycling, the lower levels of landfill tax companies pay for collection and disposal. There are many ways Birmingham businesses can improve their recycling:
- Introduce a recycling program to your organisation. Place bins for different recyclable materials across your site close to the points of production for paper, plastic, cardboard, glass, and dry mixed recycling.
- Teach your staff about how to recycle effectively within your organisation and why they should. Focus on the environmental and financial benefits, including how it will help them too.
- Find a waste management company that recycles commercial waste and avoids sending rubbish to landfill in the local Birmingham area.
- Conduct an audit of your commercial waste, including how much and what type you produce to identify recycling opportunities.
- Try to avoid using suppliers, products, and materials in non-recyclable packaging.
What are the consequences of non-compliance with waste management regulations in Birmingham?
Non-compliance with waste regulations in Birmingham can lead to fines, penalties, and legal action. Businesses could face a penalty of up to £5,000 in the Magistrates’ Court or an unlimited fine in the Crown Court if in breach of their duty of care as outlined in Section 34 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990.
If your business in Birmingham is fund transporting waste without being registered as a licensed waste carrier you can also face fines of up to £5,000. As well as legal and financial consequences your business will likely find its reputation damaged. This may result in a loss of customers and have further financial implications.
Do waste management companies in Birmingham provide custom solutions for different industries?
Bespoke waste management solutions are available for businesses in all industries. At Business Waste we can provide the right number, size, and type of bins you need to store every kind of waste your sector and company produces. Then arrange collections on a schedule that suits your needs.
Daily, weekly, and fortnightly collections are available for each of your bins. You can arrange collections of one waste type daily and another weekly, for example. This provides a customised solution for your commercial waste management that’s cost-effective to improve your efficiencies and save money.
Contact us today for a free no obligation quote that’s based on and tailored to your exact commercial waste management needs.
How do waste management companies in Birmingham help businesses with waste disposal and recycling?
Waste management companies in Birmingham such as Business Waste help companies with their:
We also provide free bins, bags, and containers for safe and secure storage onsite before their removal and disposal – you just pay for the collection. Licensed waste carriers remove your commercial waste and transport it to a nearby waste transfer site for sorting, recycling, and disposal.
How do waste management companies in Birmingham ensure proper waste handling and disposal?
We only work with licensed waste carriers in Birmingham to ensure all your rubbish is handled by registered drivers. It helps ensure your business upholds its duty of care and that all waste you produce is removed, transported, and disposed of properly. All national and local guidelines and regulations are followed.
We provide a free duty of care certificate for the waste removed from your premises in Birmingham. This confirms proper, safe, and legal waste handling and disposal. Our nationwide and local network in Birmingham ensures your commercial waste is managed responsibly whatever sector you operate in and wherever you’re based in Birmingham.
Where can I recycle my waste in Birmingham?
There are five household waste recycling centres (HWRCs) across Birmingham where you can take domestic waste for recycling and disposal. You can book online and need to take proof of address showing you live in Birmingham to use any site. Some sites accept trade waste but you must book a slot online.
Recycle your waste in Birmingham at:
Birmingham tips and waste sites
Castle Bromwich Recycling CentreTameside Drive
Lifford Lane Recycling CentreEbury Road
What cities do you cover?
- Bexhill On Sea
- Bishop Auckland
- Bishop’s Stortford
- Bognor Regis
- Burgess Hill
- Canvey Island
- City of Westminster
- East Grinstead
- East Lothian
- East Molesey
- Ellesmere Port
- Great Yarmouth
- Hayling Island
- Haywards Heath
- Hemel Hempstead
- Herne Bay
- High Wycombe
- Houghton le Spring
- Kingston upon Thames
- Leamington Spa
- Leighton Buzzard
- Letchworth Garden City
- Lytham St Annes
- Market Harborough
- Melton Mowbray
- Milton Keynes
- Newcastle upon Tyne
- New Milton
- Newton Abbot
- Newton Aycliffe
- North Shields
- North London
- Potters Bar
- Scottish Borders
- South Shields
- St Albans
- St Austell
- St Helens
- St Neots
- Sutton Coldfield
- Tower Hamlets
- Tunbridge Wells
- Waltham Forest
- Welwyn Garden City
- West Bromwich
- West Molesey
- Weston Super Mare
Business Waste is proud to support Kevin Sinfield’s 7 in 7 in 7 Challenge for the MND community. Learn all about the challenge and how to donate online.