Clinical Waste Bags
Clinical waste bags are essential whenever you produce any type of medical waste. There are strict regulations for the storage and disposal process of clinical waste – whether it’s hazardous, infectious, or non-hazardous waste. These apply to any healthcare, cosmetic, veterinary, or other setting. Using a clinical waste bag is vital for safe storage on your site before removal and disposal.
Clinical waste sacks provide the best solution to protect human health, as they’re designed to hold different medical waste types separately and securely. This reduces the risk of hazardous and infectious medical waste causing contamination and ensures your business deals with clinical waste in a safe and legal manner.
We provide free bags for any organisation that produces any type and amount of clinical waste – you just pay for its collection. This includes the full range of different coloured medical waste bags to store each type, from infectious to dental waste. Call 0800 211 8390 or contact us for a free quote or find out more about clinical waste sacks on this page.
Clinical waste bag colours
The colour of clinical waste bags identifies the type of medical waste you can store in it. Using the right coloured clinical waste sack is vital to separate waste, including hazardous and non-hazardous rubbish and infectious and non-infectious medical waste. This reduces the chance of contamination to ensure all your medical waste is disposed of properly.
With the right colour clinical waste disposal bags, you also protect the health of your employees, patients, and anyone else who may come into contact with the waste. Find the right clinical waste bag colour for the medical refuse you produce from the following:
- Yellow clinical waste bags – for infectious and potentially infectious medical waste, such as medicated dressings, swabs, and wipes. Infectious waste in these bags is sent for incineration.
- Orange clinical waste bags – for heavy duty infectious waste, such as contaminated bandages, masks, and gloves. Unlike yellow medical bags, the waste in these needs heat treatment before incineration or may go through disinfection.
- Red clinical waste bags – for anatomical waste including body parts, organs, and blood bags. This includes hazardous and non-hazardous waste that’s sent for incineration.
- Purple clinical waste bags – for cytotoxic and cytostatic waste that’s hazardous, such as chemotherapy-related medicines, syringes, needles, and other medicine containers.
- White clinical waste bags – for dental (amalgam and gypsum) waste, for example tooth fillings, capsules containing residue, and dental study moulds. Hazardous dental waste may be incinerated, while non-hazardous amalgam and gypsum waste can be treated and disposed of in separate landfill.
- Yellow and black (tiger) clinical waste bags – for offensive, non-infectious waste like nappies and incontinence pads. Sometimes called tiger bags due to their yellow and black stripes, these are also sent for incineration.
- Clear clinical waste bags – for lateral flow waste, such as used lateral flow tests and devices. This waste classes as a type of chemical waste, so is incinerated.
Sizes of clinical waste sacks
As well as choosing the right colour of clinical waste bags, you’ll also need the best size to safely store the amount of medical waste you produce. Each type of clinical waste sack is available in different sizes, whether you need big or small clinical waste bags to store your medical refuse.
You can also order more than one of the same big or small clinical waste bags at once to meet your needs. The right size clinical waste disposal bag depends on the amount of waste you produce, the storage space you have, its type, and how often you need it collecting.
Exact sizes can vary depending on the type of clinical waste bag, but a few examples of clinical waste bag sizes include:
- 20-litre clinical waste bags – 11”x17”x26” (28cmx43cmx66cm)
- 30-litre clinical waste bags – 11”x22”x25” (28cmx56cmx64cm)
- 70-litre clinical waste bags – 14”x28”x34” (36cmx71cmx86cm)
- 90-litre clinical waste bags – 15”x28”x39” (38cmx71cmx99cm)
Arrange free delivery of clinical waste bags
Book free clinical waste bags to securely store any type of clinical waste you produce – just pay for collection. We’ll bring the types of clinical waste bags in the sizes you need to your premises anywhere in the UK. Fill with the relevant kind of medical waste, then one of our licensed waste carriers will collect at an agreed time.
They’ll transport your clinical waste sacks to a relevant waste management facility for safe and legal disposal. You can arrange collection as a one-off or on a daily, weekly, or fortnightly basis to meet your clinical waste disposal needs. If you’re unsure what’s right for you, our expert team can provide a waste audit and advise on the best medical waste bags to use.
Get a free quote for the number, size, and type of clinical waste disposal bags you need. Call 0800 211 8390 or contact us online. Our friendly team can answer any questions you have about clinical waste disposal bags.
Get a free quote for clinical waste collection
Get a fast FREE quote for clinical waste bags
- Free quote within 1 hr
- Any type of clinical waste
- FREE bins and delivery
- We cover all of the UK