Broken an umbrella in wet and windy weather? Don’t chuck it in the bin! Find out how to dispose of it responsibly with these ideas to recycle an umbrella.
Waste Management in
Streamline waste management in Liverpool for your company with the array of options Business Waste offer. From the trendy Quayside restaurants, clubs, and bars to businesses in Liverpool’s commercial district buildings such as the West and Beetham Towers, we’re adept at designing waste management solutions for all sorts of firms on Merseyside.
This includes everything from regular commercial waste collection and disposal in Liverpool to last-minute removals and skip hire for a build-up of trade waste. You can also arrange full site audits for one of the many corporations with a base in the city – such as Tate & Lyle, John West, and the Vestey Group.
We’re committed to delivering tailored services around your requirements, whatever industry you work in and wherever you’re located across the city. Get a free quote for waste removal in Liverpool and see how much you could save – contact us online or call 0800 211 8390.
Get a free quote for Liverpool waste collection
Get a fast FREE quote for commercial waste disposal in Liverpool
- Free quote within 1 hr
- Any type of waste
- FREE bins and delivery
- We cover all of Merseyside
Whether you’re a large company on Brunswick Business Park or a small firm operating from offices on King’s Dock, we offer waste collection in Liverpool to all businesses. To make the process simple from the point of production to storage and removal, we provide free bins for your business – you just pay for the waste collection in Liverpool.
Our Liverpool refuse collection services include the right equipment for you to bring your waste management under control. This includes providing everything from front end loaders to wheelie bins and skips to make the collection and disposal process simple. Fill each one with the relevant waste type and within any weight limits before it’s removed.
Arrange Liverpool waste collection as a one-off or on a regular basis with a daily, weekly, or fortnightly schedule. One of our licensed waste carriers will come to your premises anywhere across the city to make timely and reliable removals of any waste type. Book rubbish collection in Liverpool for your business today.
Liverpool waste disposal
It is not just the big firms in the city’s commercial district who feel pressure to adhere to corporate social responsibility (CSR) policies for sustainability. Businesses from Croxteth to Birkenhead and Stanley Park must do their bit for the environment. This includes what happens with your waste disposal in Liverpool.
Many such objectives can be achieved through savvy recycling. At Business Waste we have the knowledge and workforce to ensure your Liverpool waste disposal is as environmentally friendly as possible. We aim to divert as much rubbish away from landfill and incineration for recycling instead.
Our licensed waste carriers remove your bins, bags, and containers and transport to one of various local Liverpool waste disposal sites. Here your waste will be disposed of safely and legally, following any relevant regulations – especially when disposing of the likes of hazardous, chemical, and clinical waste. You’ll receive a duty of care certificate for peace of mind that your commercial waste in Liverpool is disposed of properly.
Household recycling rates in Liverpool are only 23.5% according to the latest government figures. These are some of the lowest in England and well below the national average. Recycling rates for Merseyside are higher at 35% but still below average and the government target of 50% by 2030.
Recycling in Liverpool helps your company save money and meet your CSR goals when it comes to protecting the environment. All the rubbish you send for recycling doesn’t end up in landfill, saving your organisation a small fortune in landfill tax. We can help you make the most from sorting your waste and help boost Liverpool’s poor recycling record.
We provide a wide range of free bins to separate and store your recycling in Liverpool to minimise the chance of contamination. This includes waste containers and bins for paper, cardboard, glass, metal, plastic, dry mixed recycling, and more. Our licensed waste carriers transport your recyclable waste to recycling centres across Liverpool for sustainable disposal.
Why use Business Waste for
rubbish collection in Liverpool?
Reliable Liverpool rubbish collection is vital for any business working in any sector across the city. Everything from clinical waste produced by hospitals to paper recycling from offices and glass waste bars, pubs, and restaurants create needs storing, removing, and disposing of properly. At Business Waste we offer a solution for every type of commercial waste collection in Liverpool.
We provide free bins and recycle as much of your waste as possible to provide cost-effective commercial waste disposal in Liverpool. You simply pay for collections and arrange a schedule to suit your needs with no hidden charges. We can provide a waste audit to help tailor our services to your organisation.
Each waste removal includes a free duty of care certificate too, so you can rest assured your waste is disposed of safely and legally. Contact us today online for a free no obligation quote for rubbish collection in Liverpool – or call 0800 211 8390 and speak to one of our friendly and expert team.
Further reasons to consider Business Waste for your Liverpool waste management needs:
- No bin rental charges – just pay for collections
- Free duty of care certificate
- Fast and free quote
- Liverpool refuse collection of all waste types
- One month’s free Liverpool waste collection
Fast set up
Any waste from anywhere
14370Businesses in Liverpool
21555Number of bins
53888No of weekly collections
Read our reviews
The customer service I have received since deciding to move to Business Waste has been excellent. I have received follow up emails to every conversation which is extremely helpful.Sharon
Get a quick quote for Liverpool waste removal
Get a fast FREE quote for waste disposal in Liverpool
- Free quote within 1 hr
- Any type of waste
- FREE bins and delivery
- We cover all of Liverpool
How does commercial waste
collection in Liverpool work?
Select your free bins
It’s quick and easy to organise commercial waste collection for your business.
Simply start by telling us the:
- Type of waste you need removing
- Size of bins you require
- Number of bins you want
We’ll provide you with a free quote.
When you’re happy with the type, number, and size of free bins, tell us when you need your bins delivering.
Let us know about any access issues where you want the bins delivering – such as locked gates, access codes and times. We’ll get you up and running in no time.
Fill up your bin
After the free bins arrive at your chosen location, fill them up with the agreed waste type.
Make sure you remain within any weight limits for the specific waste type and bin size.
Get your business waste collected
We’ll arrange waste collection at a time and frequency to suit you and the amount of waste you have.
As featured in…
Got a question about
waste collection in Liverpool?
Where can I book waste collection in Liverpool?
You can book waste collection anywhere in Liverpool and the wider Merseyside region. Arrange commercial waste collection from Liverpool city centre, Vauxhall, and Everton out to Aintree, Bootle, and Ormskirk. We can collect waste from all businesses with a Liverpool postcode, including nearby towns and villages. Book waste collection in Liverpool from:
- L1 – Liverpool City Centre
- L2 – Liverpool City Centre
- L3 – Liverpool City Centre, Everton, Vauxhall
- L4 – Anfield, Kirkdale, Walton
- L5 – Anfield, Everton, Fairfield, Kensington
- L6 – Anfield, City Centre, Everton, Fairfield, Kensington
- L7 – Edge Hill, Fairfield, Kensington
- L8 – Dingle, Toxteth
- L9 – Aintree, Fazakerley, Orrell Park
- L10 – Aintree Village, Fazakerley
- L11 – Clubmoor, Croxteth, Gillmoss, Norris Green
- L12 – Croxteth Park, West Derby
- L13 – Clubmoor, Old Swan, Stoneycroft, Tuebrook
- L14 – Broadgreen, Bowring Park, Childwall
- L15 – Wavertree
- L16 – Broadgreen, Bowring Park, Childwall
- L17 – Aigburth, St Michael’s Hamlet, Sefton Park
- L18 – Allerton, Mossley Hill
- L19 – Aigburth, Garston, Grassendale
- L20 – Bootle, Kirkdale, Orrell
- L21 – Ford, Litherland, Seaforth, Waterloo
- L22 – Waterloo, Brighton-le-Sands, Crosby
- L23 – Blundellsands, Crosby, Little Crosby, Thornton
- L24 – Hale, Halewood
- L25 – Belle Vale, Gateacre, Hunts Cross, Woolton
- L26 – Halewood Village
- L27 – Netherley
- L28 – Stockbridge Village
- L29 – Lunt, Sefton Village
- L30 – Bootle, Netherton
- L31 – Litherland, Orrell, Waterloo
- L32 – Kirkby
- L33 – Kirkby, Knowsley Village, Knowsley
- L34 – Prescot, Rainhill, Whiston
- L35 – Prescot, Whiston
- L36 – Huyton
- L37 – Formby, Little Altcar
- L38 – Ince Blundell, Hightown
- L39 – Ormskirk, Aughton, Town Green
- L40 – Burscough, Mawdesley, Scarisbrick, Tarleton
What regulations and guidelines are in place for commercial waste management in Liverpool?
Under the Environmental Protection Act 1990, all businesses in Liverpool have a duty of care to organise responsible commercial waste collection and disposal. This includes recycling and reusing as much as possible and using licensed waste carriers to remove trade waste in Liverpool. The same regulations and guidelines apply for waste management in Liverpool as in the rest of the UK.
Liverpool City Council also states that businesses must sign a trade refuse agreement with a carrier legally authorised to remove waste and pay the charges. Their guidelines also advise holding onto a copy of all documentation for two years. Prosecutions may occur if full records aren’t presented about the disposal of commercial waste.
Any commercial waste in Liverpool that’s disposed of illegally, even by the carrier, will mean the company faces legal proceedings. Liverpool City Council can issue a £300 fixed penalty charge or take action via the Magistrates’ Court. Here the maximum fine is £5,000 if found guilty.
How can businesses in Liverpool reduce waste?
Reducing commercial waste in Liverpool is important to minimise pollution and help the local environment. For businesses, it also reduces your waste disposal costs, as you’ll need fewer collections. There are various ways Liverpool businesses can reduce the amount of trade waste produced:
- Build a waste management plan tailored to your business. It should detail the types and amount of waste you produce, how it will be stored, and when it’s collected. This can highlight areas to focus on reducing your waste generation.
- Separate recyclable rubbish from other waste by using different bins in appropriate sizes. Place these near the point of production to ensure as much as possible is reused.
- Find ways to reuse materials and waste rather than sending them for disposal. If you can’t use them then consider donating to local Liverpool charities.
- Get rid of single-use plastics like disposable cups and from your business to encourage reuse and reduce such waste.
- Provide training for your staff about how to reduce waste and its importance. Outline the benefits to the business, environment, and the impact this has on their lives too.
Are there any recycling and sustainability initiatives or programs in Liverpool?
Recycling and sustainability are important for the city of Liverpool. Liverpool City Council (LCC) aims for the city to be a Net Zero Carbon city by 2030. There are various programs and initiatives in place to help and encourage organisations all over Liverpool to improve their recycling and sustainability efforts. These include:
- Liverpool BID and WRAP – Liverpool Business Improvement Districts (BID) have partnered with WRAP (Waste and Resources Action Program) to employ a Business Support Advisor to educate and inform businesses and help them to test the new Business of Recycling assets.
- Transport initiatives – LCC installed 6km of segregated cycle lanes and a fleet of electric and hydrogen-powered buses. They’re also developing clean air and active travel strategies.
- Solar Together – Liverpool City Region is providing a scheme that offers high-quality solar photovoltaic (PV) panels and battery storage. This is through a group-buying scheme that connects households to provide a competitive price and supports and informs participants in the scheme at each stage.
What options are available for hazardous waste disposal in Liverpool?
Correct storage, removal, and disposal of all types and amounts of hazardous waste are available anywhere in Liverpool with Business Waste. This includes the safe, legal, and responsible collection and disposal of many types of hazardous waste like clinical waste, chemical waste, and WEEE waste. Licensed waste carriers will remove all such waste.
To ensure the safe storage of hazardous waste on your premises before its removal we provide a range of free bins and containers. This includes barrels and drums for the likes of oil waste, IBC containers, and more. Bins are delivered for free, you only pay for collection. For further peace of mind, you receive a free duty of care certificate too.
How can businesses in Liverpool improve their recycling rates?
Liverpool businesses can improve their recycling rates in various ways. This benefits the environment, helps reduce how much waste goes to landfill, and lowers commercial waste disposal costs as you’ll pay less landfill tax by recycling more. Businesses in Liverpool can improve recycling rates by:
- Having an onsite recycling program with bins for each type of recyclable rubbish the organisation produces, such as ones for paper, plastic, cardboard, glass, and dry mixed recycling.
- Training employees about the importance of recycling within your business, what materials must be recycled, and how it affects both your company’s waste disposal costs and the local Liverpool environment.
- Using a waste management company that knows the Liverpool area to arrange cost-effective and efficient local commercial waste collections and recycling.
- Auditing your waste management processes regularly to identify challenges and opportunities. This includes your waste production, storage, and disposal methods.
- Working with suppliers and other organisations that only use recyclable materials for their packaging and products where possible, to ensure as much as possible can be reused.
What are the consequences of non-compliance with waste management regulations in Liverpool?
Non-compliance with waste management regulations by businesses in Liverpool could result in penalties, fines, and legal action. If your commercial waste is disposed of illegally – even by your carrier – your organisation will face legal proceedings. This is a breach of the duty of care under section 34 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990.
Liverpool City Council can issue a £300 fixed penalty charge. They can also take action via the Magistrates’ Court and the maximum fine your business could face is £5,000 if found guilty. This may also damage your reputation, leading to a loss of customers and business. Ensure compliance by always using licensed waste carriers.
Do waste management companies in Liverpool provide custom solutions for different industries?
Waste management companies in Liverpool like Business Waste provide bespoke solutions for companies in all industries. We can collect any type and amount of commercial waste whatever sector you work in anywhere across Liverpool. A wide range of bins are available as well as collections on a schedule that suits you.
Daily, weekly, and fortnightly commercial waste collections are available anywhere in Liverpool. Bins, bags, and containers in various sizes can be used and combined with the best collection schedule for cost-effective waste management. Contact us today for a free quote tailored to your needs.
How do Liverpool waste management companies help businesses with waste disposal and recycling?
Waste management companies in Liverpool can assist businesses with waste removal, waste disposal, and recycling. At Business Waste we also provide free bins, bags, and containers to organisations across Liverpool. This ensures safe and appropriate storage of waste to help separate by type before it’s removed.
Licensed waste carriers then provide waste collection services across Liverpool and the wider region. They’ll remove any type and amount of commercial waste and transport it to a nearby waste transfer station. Here it’s checked, sorted, and sent for recycling or responsible disposal depending on its type.
How do waste management companies in Liverpool ensure proper waste handling and disposal?
At Business Waste we only use licensed waste carriers in Liverpool to collect and handle commercial rubbish from companies across the city. It ensures all waste is removed, transported, and disposed of legally and safely. We provide a free duty of care certificate confirming the proper handling of your commercial waste.
During the process of commercial waste collection in Liverpool, all government and Environment Agency guidelines and regulations are followed. Our wide network of trusted waste carriers across Liverpool and the UK helps ensure commercial waste from any organisation and industry is managed safely and legally.
Where can I recycle my waste in Liverpool?
You can recycle waste in Liverpool from your home at one of the various recycling centres across the city and wider region. These are run by Merseyside Recycling and Waste Authority (MRWA) and accept a wide range of materials. Find your local recycling centre in Liverpool from the following:
- Huyton Household Waste Recycling Centre Wilson Road, Huyton L36 6AD
- Kirkby Household Waste Recycling Centre Depot Road, Kirkby L33 7UZ
- Old Swan Household Waste Recycling Centre Cheadle Avenue, Liverpool L13 3AF
- Otterspool Household Waste Recycling Centre Jericho Lane, Aigburth, Liverpool L17 5AR
- Formby Household Waste Recycling Centre Altcar Road, Formby L37 8DL
- Sefton Meadows Household Waste Recycling Centre Sefton Lane, Maghull L31 8BX
- South Sefton Household Waste Recycling Centre Irlam Road, Bootle L20 4AE
- Southport Household Waste Recycling Centre Foul Lane, Southport PR9 7RG
- Bidston Household Waste Recycling Centre Wallasey Bridge Road, Wirral CH41 1EB
- Clatterbridge Household Waste Recycling Centre Mount Road, Bebington, Wirral CH63 4JZ
- West Kirby Household Waste Recycling Centre Greenbank Road, Wirral CH48 5HR
Business Waste is proud to support Kevin Sinfield’s 7 in 7 in 7 Challenge for the MND community. Learn all about the challenge and how to donate online.