Do you really need that free coffee on your loyalty card?
New viral idea spreads the love
Coffee drinkers are being urged to spread the love with a new idea to help other people.
Instead of taking the free drink or pastry that’s being offered on your coffee shop or café loyalty card, customers are being urged to give it away, or worse still be part of the 20,000 cards that simply end up being discarded, forget about or simply lost each day.
That’s the idea of waste management company BusinessWaste.co.uk, who says it’s an idea that’s already getting traction among its customers.
“When you’ve got a full set of stamps on that card, just give it away!” says BusinessWaste.co.uk spokesperson Mark Hall, “It’s not costing you anything, and it’s a random act of kindness that could make somebody’s day.”
With hundreds of thousands of these loyalty cards in circulation, Business Waste thinks this could spark a whole new wave of charitable giving in which all parties are winners.
“You don’t have to go searching for a homeless person in the street,” he explains. “Give it to somebody at random, an old bloke standing at a bus stop, or a neighbour who’d appreciate a little gift.
“The whole point is that you pass on the love by giving away something you can live without,” BusinessWaste.co.uk ‘s Hall explains.
It’s an idea that’s already been greeted with enthusiasm among BusinessWaste.co.uk ‘s customers, with some already pledging to give away their freebies once their coffee club cards are full.
• Andy, who manages a warehousing and delivery business in the Midlands told Business Waste: “It’s a brilliant idea, and we’re right behind it. Our drivers seem to live on takeaway coffee and they’re already handing their full cards out at random.”
• Alison runs a coffee shop in Hampshire: “We’ve had a loyalty card for a couple of years now – buy seven get number eight free. We’ve started suggesting this new idea to customers, and they think it’s lovely. Sometimes we still give them the free one anyway!”
• Marisa, who works for an office supplies company told us: “I like this a lot, and it’s a very decent thing to do. I gave mine to a mum with a pushchair, and it made both our days.”
BusinessWaste.co.uk hit the streets of its home town of York and asked shoppers if they’d be willing to gift their coffee shop loyalty cards to strangers as a random act of kindness, and found overwhelming positivity for the idea.
• 97% of those asked said they would give away their free coffee or cake
• Only 3% said they would keep their hard-earned freebie
As 65-year-old Ray, visiting the city from Liverpool told BusinessWaste.co.uk: “Spread the love, that’s why we’re on this Earth, isn’t it?”
BusinessWaste.co.uk ‘s Mark Hall says this is an idea whose time has come.
“Christmas is round the corner. Why not start saving now and give a little gift to a stranger?” he says.
Call us on 0800 211 8390 - or complete our Free Quote Form opposite.
Learn more about our Waste Management Services.
Read more News
Service is really good, had many problems in the past with previous suppliers however since been with Business Waste I have not had any problems what so ever. From the start of the agreement the sales team was really helpful and helped with my requirements. I am in a very tricky location with not much room to store a container however I was provided with many options from the sales rep to accommodate my requirements. Customer Service from the staff is outstanding. Definitely recommend 100%.
Great friendly service and really helpful staff!